Monday, July 16, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 07/16 - 07/22


Hello!  Happy Monday!  It is already the beginning of a new week, as well as it is already mid-July!  Eeek!  It certainly feels like time has been slipping away from me recently, I just cannot believe that it is already half way thru 2012.

This past week, I had a fairly interesting shopping experience at Walmart, I baked muffins, tried out new recipes, worked,  and I took my kids to a birthday party. 


Photo taken by Meghan Rickard

Photo taken by Meghan Rickard

Photo taken by Meghan Rickard

The kids had such a great time at the birthday party!  It was hosted by my friend Meghan from Meghan Rickard Photography and Adored by Meghan.  If you haven't seen her work before, check it out.  She is a great photographer!  She does amazing newborn photos and has a real knack for working with children.

Anyways, here's my families menu plan for the week:

Monday
Nachos

Tuesday
Leftovers

Wednesday
Chicken Pitas**

Thursday
Meatballs
Rice
Veggies

Friday
Spaghetti
Garlic Bread

Saturday
Slow Cooker Sweet Teriyaki Chicken**
Rice
Veggies

Sunday
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Potatoes
Veggies

This will be week three of my self imposed cooking challenge:  Something New Saturday.  Last week we tried the Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken, which got some pretty mixed reviews.  I also tried out some new Cherry and Apricot Muffins.  Those were addictive.  I ate 4 before I even managed to get them put away.  This week, we'll be testing out a Slow Cooker Sweet Teriyaki Chicken from the Six Sister's Stuff Blog as well as I'm going to be experimenting a bit with creating a Chicken Pita dish of some sort.

As always, I have linked this up with Laura's Menu Plan Monday over at www.orgjunkie.com

So what's cooking in your kitchen this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment