Friday, November 9, 2012

Walking on Sunshine

Have you ever had one of those day where everything has just fallen into place?  Things have just gone so well that you check to see if you are really still awake?  I have felt like I was walking on sunshine today.  That is how today has gone for me. 
 
I started off the day by walking into my office to a Quad Venti Nonfat No Whip Caramel Brulee latte.  This drink is absolutely magical.  I think it may be the unicorn horn sprinkled on top, or something, otherwise I don't know how it could possible taste so delicious.  Who knows.  All I know is that I love starting my day off to some great coffee, especially when it's brought by a co-worker who just wanted to brighten my day!  It worked.
 

After I had woken up a bit and gotten some work done, I began thinking about the fact that Thanksgiving is just around the corner... Not too much longer until the bird will be cooking!  We always end up cooking at our house and inviting family over.  It seems to work better since then the kids aren't thrashing a house that is not their own while they are waiting for the food to be done.  I decided I better get to it and check to see what my brother and his fiance's plans were, since we hadn't talked about Thanksgiving yet with them.

After getting the Thanksgiving talk out of the way with my future sister Tricia, she started to talk about how the wedding stuff was coming along.  They are having their nuptials next October, so there is still a bit of time for planning, but I enjoy hearing about their wedding.  It is going to be truly amazing.

Anyways, the subject came around specifically to the catering portion of the wedding.  This part of weddings is always a bit spendy, so it's been one they have been thinking about for a bit.  I don't want to ruin any secret plans for anyone who may be going to the wedding so I'm not going to go into detail, but of course since food was mentioned, so was the desserts.

I am so excited about the dessert portion of their wedding!  Tricia and Dan have asked me to do their cake!  I cannot even express how excited and honored I am for this.  My baby brother and his fiance want ME to do their dessert for their WEDDING DAY, which is only one of the most memorable days of their lives.  I am completely on cloud nine!
 
I absolutely love baking.  It is so satisfying to make something that not only tastes delicious, but that is also visually appealing.  So when they asked me to do their desserts, of course I agreed!
 
(see below for some of my previous creations)

 
 
 
The whole dessert news had me floating through the rest of the day.
 
The final cherry on top of this great day was the raffle we had at work.  The administration department at my work has been doing a fundraising drive for the United Way.  Today was sort of the last Hoo Hah for it.  They were having a cookie social, a 50/50 raffle drawing, and a raffle drawing for a designated parking spot. 
 
The raffle for the designated parking spot was for any spot in the parking lot that the winner wants, excluding of course the handicap spots.  I purchased exactly one ticket for both raffles.
 
And guess what!?!? I won the designated parking spot.
 
I was completely surprised!  I only bought one measly ticket, and out of all the many tickets I sold, I won!!! 
 
It has been amazing day! 

4 comments:

  1. We are so certain you are going to do a wonderful job! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS by the way, think Brian Natalie and part of there gang are going to be there also. Younger 2 will be at there Dads but Danny and an Aunt are coming to your house. You know I will help and make my fair share if not more. Love you and you will do a great job on the cake. If you need some help let me know. Hardest part is getting it to Oregon in one piece. Bring icing LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is going to bake it there. That way she doesn't have to travel with it!

      Delete
    2. Thank goodness! I can't imagine trying to travel that far without messing the cake and what not up! So excited still!

      Delete