Monday, July 2, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 07/02 - 07/08


This last week's dinners sure felt like they went so smoothly.  I love when that happens!  Last week while busy, was full of so many fun things.  Sydney's bedroom furniture was delivered, time was spent with some family and friends, and of course, lots of housework was done.

This week is going to be probably equally busy.  Since Independence Day is this week, things are going to be a little hectic around our household!  Due to the holiday, my hubby and I get an extra day home with the kiddos, which will be fun.  We'll get to barbeque and spend time with friends and family as well as setting off fireworks!!! I am so excited for this week!

I've also been thinking lately about what my family eats for dinner.  We have a tendency to have the same thing, keeping our reliable recipes on repeat month after month.  So to break up the monotony a bit, I am going to attempt to make at least one brand new recipe a week, to introduce some new things and hopefully add a few new favorites to our dinner repertoire.  I've put an asterisk (*) next to the new menu for the week, and later this week I'll (hopefully) post about how it went and how my picky little eaters reacted to the new meal. 

Here's what our menu plan looks like for the week:

Monday
Baked BBQ Chicken
Baked Beans
Corn

Tuesday
Leftovers

Wednesday
Hamburgers/Hotdogs/Carne Asada
Watermelon
Potato Salad

Thursday
Sausage Alfredo
Salad
Garlic Bread

Friday
Tostados

Saturday
Mexican Chicken Breasts**
Rice
Vegetables

Sunday
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Potatoes
Vegetables


So what is your family having for dinner this week?  Do you have any suggestions of new recipes we should try to freshen up our dinner repertoire? 

Still not sure of what to eat?  Check out Laura's suggestions at orgjunkie.com.  She hosts a weekly menu plan link up that has plenty of great ideas on new things to try if you are stumped for dinner ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment