Monday, July 30, 2012

Homemade Mini Corndogs


Corndogs.  What is not to love about them.  These are probably one of my children's favorite foods (I'm sure that will change by tomorrow).  They like that they are small enough to pick up with their fingers and can be eaten in about 3 bites.  I like that they aren't asking for peanut butter & jelly sandwiches when I make them.  I also love that they are so easy and inexpensive to make.  All you need is cornbread mix (I usually make my own with the recipe off the back of the cornmeal bag) and a pack of hotdogs.


You could probably use a regular muffin pan, but
I prefer the mini one (since the little people in my life can hold them better).
All you have to do is in a greased muffin pan, put a spoonful of cornbread mix.  Then put a small piece of hotdog into the well.  Then cover the hotdog with more cornbread mix.  Easy peasy.


Then put the muffin tins in the oven, and bake until cooked through.


Then remove from the oven and enjoy!  You can always mix it up a bit to by adding honey or other various ingredients to add a little more flavor to the cornbread.

Mini Corndogs

1 box of Cornbread mix (Or one batch of any recipe cornbread you prefer)
1 pack of hotdogs

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Mix the cornbread mix according to the recipe or the instructions. 

With cooking spray, grease two mini muffin tins.  Then spoon about 1 teaspoon of cornbread mixture into each well of the muffin tin.

Insert a small piece of hotdog into each well.  My kids like bigger pieces of hotdog, but it really is up to you how much hotdog you want in each corndog.

Once there is a hotdog in each well, cover all the way with the cornbread mixture.  Then bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until corndogs are cooked through. 

Remove from the oven and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment