Friday, November 16, 2012

Maybe the Creator's of Zombieland were right...

There have been two articles recently that have stuck out like a sore thumb to me. 

An individual from Texas has started an online petition to secede from the union.  While this really is not new news, I mean pretty much every time an election finishes, someone starts one of these petitions because they are unhappy with the outcome of it, but this time they actually got enough 'signatures' to get a response from the White House.  I believe that the actual limit is somewhere around 25,000 signatures within 30 days is needed to get their official response.  Even then, I believe they can opt out of responding if they wanted, I mean, they are the government.  This whole situation completely reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter starts his own country and calls it Petoria.

I wonder what they would call Texas if they started their own nation? 

 
At this point, It looks like Texas has over 100,000 signatures.  While this sounds like a lot it's only approximately .4% of their population.  In fact, their petition is starting to look a little silly as Austin and El Paso have both put in petitions that they would like to stay part of the US.  I seriously am doubting the validity of any single state seceding from the Union.  It didn't end well for Petoria, so I have my doubts of it ending well for any other single state. 
 
This other issue, in my mind, is of utmost importance.  It appears as if the creators of Zombieland had it right when they showed Tallahassee not finding that little succulent creme filled yellow sponge cake we know as a Twinkie. 
 
 
According to the headlines recently, Hostess will be filing for bankruptcy.
 
 
What exactly does this mean?  Well besides the fact that over 18,500 employees will be losing their jobs, the people who make not only twinkies, but also Ho Ho's, Ding Dongs, Snowballs and Cupcakes will no longer be doing just that.
 
If they were right about the Twinkies, what else were the creator's of Zombieland right about? 
 
 
Sources: 


No comments:

Post a Comment