Sunday, August 12, 2012

Rash Whipped Cream

Have you ever been at the grocery store checking out, and one of your children says something to the checker that makes you want to cringe and laugh out loud at the same time?

Let's rewind shall we?

My four year old was taking a bath Saturday and when I asked her to wash body, she stated she couldn't because her pee pee hurt.  Without getting all detailed and what not, it is clear she has a rash (probably since she is only an apprentice at the fine art of wiping after going pee).

I went to see if we had diaper rash cream to help a sister out, and of course we don't have any.  My daughter then decides that since we're bringing stuff up, it really hurts her, and she needs a solution immediately.  No patience at all, I wonder where she gets that from...

It's only ten in the evening, no big deal to go to the store right?  Piling her and her brother in the car, we went down to the nearest supermarket.  We walked inside, grabbed a tube of cream, and head over to the one check stand that's still open. 

The checker this evening was a teenage girl.  My daughter immediately strikes up a conversation with her.  She proudly declared that the whipped cream we were buying (it was diaper rash cream) was for her. She then loudly says, I need it because I have a rash.

I wasn't sure if I should be terribly embarrassed or proud, as a parent, because my daughter is so truthful. 

The checker laughed, and gave up our 'whipped cream' so we could head out.

Ashton's words when we got home, "Man, I'm glad I'm not a girl.  You guys sure have a lot of bathroom stuff to do."

Ashton, you have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment