Monday, August 6, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 08/06 - 08/12



This last week has really been a roller coaster ride for me.  It has felt like I've barely had time to stop and catch my breath, between work, keeping up the home, the regular evening activities.  We also had a few relatively unexpected events take place this week and  I've been attempting to get my kids set up for the new school year that starts in three short weeks.

Last week, our menu plan ran so smoothly until about Friday, where it basically train wrecked into chaos.  This wasn't for lack of planning so much as I just had too much to do to really follow what had been planned.  Here's hoping that this week goes much smoother.

I've actually been looking around on Pinterest (you can follow me here) for some ideas on what to cook this week that isn't too complicated but will still be crowd pleasers for my family.  Here's a few of the things I've found:

I have been eyeing this chicken cordon bleu pasta recipe for a while now, and who can resist ice cream cake (especially one that is super simple). 

Here's what is planned for my family this week:

Monday
Chicken, Bacon, and Cheddar Sandwiches
Homemade French Fries

Tuesday
Leftovers

Wednesday
Orange Chicken
Brown Rice
Egg Rolls

Thursday
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Salad
Garlic Bread

Friday
Tacos
Refried Beans
Mexican or Spanish Rice

Saturday
Honey Bourbon Chicken
Quinoa
Vegetables

Sunday
Meatloaf? Pork Chops?
Potatoes
Vegetables

Sunday is still a little up in the air as to what is going to be made... I may try a new recipe if I can find one, or I may to meatloaf or pork chops... Depends on what we're in the mood for that day I suppose.

So what's your family cooking this week? 

As always, I'm linking this up over at Laura's Menu Plan Monday Link up party.

No comments:

Post a Comment