Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 08/20 - 08/26


Happy Tuesday!  Again, this week, I am a day late on my menu planning... Hopefully once school has started I'll get it a little more together, but things have been hectic lately trying to get everything lined up for that!

This week it really feels like there is a ton going on!  This week, the fair is in town.  While my family and myself are not actually planning on attending the fair this year, it sure means work is crazy this week with all the extra activity that goes into the events surrounding the fair.  We're also gearing up for the beginning of the school year while trying to enjoy the last of the summer as well.  Ashton is getting ready to start first grade, Jaycob is starting his middle school career, and Sydney may be starting pre-school soon (not 100% sure on that but we will see).

This Monday, normally we have a meal with the entire family since it is my hubby's day off, but this week he took the boys out for some guy time.  They all went out to the movies together, so Sydney and I had a little bit of "girl time."  It was a blast.  She really hams it up when she wants to, and the other day was no exception.


We went out to a local eatery called Pacific Pasta & Grill.  They are so amazing!  Not only do they have fantastic food, but kids eat free Mondays in the afternoons, so that makes it delicious and affordable. 

Sydney of course ordered the norm (chicken nuggets) and I ordered Thai Peanut Stir-fry, which I always order there.  So yummy, and it was great to have some girl time with her.  She talked about her day, and anything else that randomly crossed her mind such as the fact her brothers are so mean, and that she had a good nap.  She also told me the fish in the tank next to our table was named Nemo, and that if she was a fish, I would have to leave her at the restaurant.  What a goose.

Anyways, here is what's poppin' in my kitchen this week:

Monday
Thai Peanut Stir-Fry/Chicken Nuggets


Tuesday
Leftovers

Wednesday
Chicken Wraps
Fresh Fruit

Thursday
Spaghetti w/Meatballs
Salad
Garlic Bread

Friday
Rosemary Dijon Chicken
Roasted red potatoes
Steamed Vegetables

Saturday
Nachos
(Ashton has been asking for these all weekend)

Sunday
Polish Sausage
Rice
Veggies

I'm also hoping to possibly make some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies this week; with fall just around the corner, I have been craving these!  As usual, this has been linked up to Laura's Menu Plan Monday.

So what's your family having for dinner this week?


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful menu! And that stir fry looks so good. I'd like that right about now. I'm 3 days behind my menu plan, ha! even after taking a few weeks off of menu planning. Thanks for the motivation. :) Your daughter is a doll and hurray for special girl time--it's just the best:)

    ReplyDelete