Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 2012 Birchbox

The August Birchbox's theme this month was back to school/beauty school.  Unless you have been living in a cave the last few weeks, it is obvious this is a fitting theme with the whole back to school thing that has been going on.  This month, there were five different samples in the box.


Caldrea Hand Soap:  This item was really a take it or leave it sort of thing.  I really don't get myself whipped up into a frenzy over hand soap, but it is something that's always good to have around.  The box had two single use packets of the soap, in the Ginger Pomelo scent.

Per-fekt Beauty Lash Pefection Gel:  This little guy is a make-up bag essential.  It came in a cute little tube that would be perfect for in your purse or on the go.  It smells a little funky, but we'll see how it looks when actually used.  I haven't tested it yet, but am looking forward to it.

DDF Brightening Cleanser:  I am really excited about this sample.  I think that a good facial cleanser is one of the most important things a gal can have in her beauty arsenal.  This sample was deluxe sized.  The makers of this cleanser claim that over time it helps smooth and brighten skin.  I've been in the market lately for a new facial cleanser, so who knows, maybe this one will fit the bill :)

Schick Hydro Silk Razor:  While a razor in itself isn't really something I would have wanted in a sample kit, this actually was a really good deal.  A razor will of course get used, so it is definelty a good sample to get as well as this item alone retails for $9.99, so just by receiving this razor, I've received what I paid for the box.

Viva La Juicy La Fleur:  While I actuall prefer the original Viva La Juicy scent, this one is not far behind in comparison.  It smells wonderful.  It opens with a sparkling cascade of mandarin and wild berries. Next, sweet notes of honeysuckle, gardenia petals, and jasmine peek through, followed by a lingering trace of waterlily. It is a very fresh clean smell that would be great for everyday use.

Box value this month would probably be about at $22.11.  While the box was completely worth the $10 I paid for it, I am a littel disappointed in the selection this month.  While the razor and soap are nice, I really would have preferred to see something that I would not normally invest into, so I could try something new.  I was very pleased with the other items in the box though (how can you go wrong with facial cleanser and mascara?)

If you don't get a birchbox but are interested in checking it out, you can click here.

If you subscribe to a birchbox, what did you receive this August? What did you think of the box? Do you think you got your moneys worth this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment