Thursday, June 28, 2012

Poppyseed Chicken

Do you have a food that just reminds you of a different time, a different place, or a favorite set of people?

That is exactly what Poppy Seed Chicken does for me.

I was first introduced to this dish last January when I went and visited my Aunt Linda in Minnesota.  We had been all been sicker than sick at her house for several days and this was the first real meal we had eaten in days.  I don't think anything had ever tasted more delicious than this dish. 

Now whenever I make it, it reminds me of my Aunt, and the warm memories of our visit with her (excluding the sick part, of course!)

Usually I don't measure the ingredients for this recipie, so you may have to tweak it a little for your own tastes as I guesstimated on the measurements somewhat.  We usually serve it over rice with some sort of vegetable on the side, and sometimes a bread.

Hopefully you enjoy it as much as my kids and I do!

Poppy Seed Chicken

1 lb. chicken, diced and cooked
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup sour cream
1 stick of butter
1 roll of Ritz Crackers (crushed)
1/4 cup poppy seeds

Mix the cooked and diced chicken with the soup and sour cream.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

In a separate bowl, mix the softened butter with the Ritz cracker pieces and poppy seeds.  Work them with your fingers like a piecrust.  Put on top of the chicken mixture.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, uncovered.





No comments:

Post a Comment