Monday, June 11, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 06/11 - 06/17



Happy Monday!  Last week really felt like it flew by for my family and me.   Just in case you haven't been following, here are a few things that happened last week.

Ashton lost his second tooth on Tuesday.  He was so proud of himself that he managed to lose another tooth so soon.  On a side note, did you know that that (see picture to the right) is what a child's skull looks like as their teeth are coming in?  A little creepy, right? 
It rained a lot here in the Tri-Cities, which is pretty unusual.  Although the rain can be a bit of a nuisance, since everything is all wet, it sure makes for some pretty rainbows.

Ashton and I made cookies for my hubby.  We made Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, and they turned out delicious.  In fact, my husband hid the cookie jar so that they didn't disappear so fast.  We just are finishing up the batch today, which is really a long time at my house.

Sydney, my four year old, managed to live up to her title, "The Wild One."

Ashton, Sydney, and I went out Friday evening and went furniture shopping.  Sydney needed some bedroom furniture, so we decided to make a date of it.  After a couple of circles around the furniture store, and several jumps on different beds, we picked out a brand new bed and dresser for my daughter, one that is not toddler sized.

After that, we went out and got recharged with dinner at Applebees, and then we went and visited Grandma.

This week, since it is the first week that the kids are out of school, I'm thinking that we are going to go for "easy" when it comes to the dinner plan.  Here's what my family is going to be having this week:


Monday
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Goldfish


Tuesday
Chicken Tacos with Cheesy Salsa
Pinto Beans
Mexican Rice

Wednesday
Leftovers

Thursday
Hamburger Helper
Mixed Vegetables

Friday
Hawaiian Haystacks
Vegetables of some sort

Saturday
Steak
Mashed Potatoes and gravy
Green Beans

Sunday
Rice and Beef Casserole
Corn
Biscuits


Depending on how the week goes, I may try to make homemade English muffins (recipe courtesy of One Good Thing by Jillee's Blog), as well as perhaps some homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast. 

Need more menu planning ideas?  Check out Laura's Blog, I'm an Organization Junkie.  She's got some great menu plans as well as links to some other great blogs that feature more dinner ideas.

So, what's your family having for dinner?

2 comments: