Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Funeral Potatoes

Yesterday evening, I had the pleasure of being cooked for.  While that really doesn't sound like something that is super amazing, for me, it is.  I am the main cook in my house so when someone else cooks for me, it is AMAZING!

My friend April cooked Funeral Potatoes for the kids and me.  I was a little skeptical at first, I mean they are called Funeral Potatoes... But oh Mylanta!  They are so good.

Not only did I have a second helping, but the kids both had more and Ashton advised that it was a dish we could have again! So, to my dear friend April:  "Thank you for dinner!  It was delicious!"

So, here's the recipe for these fabulous Funeral Potatoes, just in case someone is cooking dinner for you... or you want to make them yourself, trust me, you will not be disappointed!

**This is not the actual Funeral Potatoes we ate (although it looks similar).  We dug into it too fast to actually take a picture**

Funeral Potatoes
from April at Defining Bliss

1 bag of Hash browns
1 brick of cream cheese
1 family size can of cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 bag of cheddar cheese
Toppings:
Crushed cornflakes
1 stick melted butter

Mix together all the ingredients excluding the toppings.  Dump into a 9 x 13 pan.  Top with cornflakes and butter.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until it's hot all the way through.

Then devour.

Now I know these instructions aren't super specific on amounts and what not, but you really don't have to be too specific when whipping this up.  Also, April added bacon to it when she cooked it for us, which was super tasty. (Bacon seriously makes everything better),  She said it also would be really good with chicken.

Also, linking this up to the Mandatory Mooch Tasty Thursday Link Party.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. From the name, I assumed they would be black for some reason. But not that I read the ingredients and peep the pic, I see they're so named because they'll send you to an early grave. My kind of eats! :)

    ReplyDelete