Monday, September 17, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 09/17 to 09/23


Hello, and Happy Monday!  Amazingly enough, this is actually being posted on a Monday (sadly, only because I started working on it on Sunday ☺).  Last week, I skipped out on  the whole menu plan thing, and in fact, for the most part, the whole blogging thing in general.  I didn't really do a whole lot on here.  This week should be a little better.

Things have been a bit hectic here.  While I originally thought that the beginning of the school year would bring some relief to the madness that is my life, it has only made things a little crazier.  I've found that while Sydney enjoys preschool, it definitely has changed her ability to handle issues in the evening, she just is way more tired and unable to handle certain situations like she had before she was going to school.  I'm sure this will pass, but I hope it goes quickly!

Ashton has also been more tired, so he has been a little bit of a crabby patty as well.  This has resulted in more arguments between them and as a result of this, more headaches for me.

So here we go, here is my family's menu plan for the week:

Monday
Steak
Twice Baked Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

Tuesday
Leftover Night
(Possibly funeral potatoes* - if there aren't any leftovers to consume)

Wednesday
Cashew Chicken*
Brown Rice
Steamed Green Beans

Thursday
Lil' Smokies
Macaroni and Cheese
Veggies

Friday
Spaghetti
Salad
Garlic Bread

Saturday
Homemade Corndogs
French Fries

Sunday
Mexican Chicken Breasts
Rice
Veggies

This week, I'm going to be testing out the cashew chicken from the Six Sisters Stuff, so hopefully it turns out yummy.  I seem to feel I've read that it was pretty yummy somewhere (other than on their blog), so hopefully it is.  Also, this week my nieces and nephews are coming over Friday evening, so it will be an interesting adventure cooking for them (altogether there will be 3 adults and 6-7 kids).

So what does your families menu look like this week?  Need more ideas?  Check out Laura's Menu Plan Monday for plenty of dinner planning ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment