Saturday, June 25, 2016

3 Day Refresh - Day 1



Yesterday was the first day of being on the 3-Day Refresh program.  It was not nearly as terrible as I thought it would be, but it certainly wasn't fantastic.

The main idea of the program is you follow a specific meal plan for three days, which includes a fiber sweep drink and a vanilla fresh drink (it's a high protein drink).  At the end of the three days, you are supposed to feel less bloated and "lighter" or something along those lines.  They recommend light to moderate exercise with the program, but nothing too hardcore.

I actually prepared the majority of my meals the evening before, so it would be ready when I left for work the next morning.  Immediately, upon waking up, I drank 16 oz. water. 

Breakfast
Shakeology with 1/2 banana

Mid-morning
Fiber Sweep

Lunch
12 medium strawberries
2 Tbsp. hummus
5 baby carrots
Vanilla Fresh

Snack
Small Red Bell Pepper
2 Tbsp. hummus

Dinner
Spinach Salad
Vanilla Fresh

In the morning, afternoon and after dinner a cup of green or herbal tea is "allowed" as long as it is an hour before or after any of the other meals or snacks.  For some reason the program recommends not having it too close to actually eating. 

The program also recommends that you drink at least 8 cups of water on top of the water that is included in the Fiber Sweep, Shakeology, tea, and the Vanilla Fresh.  This is a ton of fluids!

On the average day, in the recent past, I probably drink approximately 20 - 50 oz. of fluid a day - mostly consisting of Diet Coke and coffee.  Yesterday, I drank a grand total of 116 fluid oz. of liquid - give or take a little probably.  Needless to say, by the end of the day I felt like I was floating.  While theoretically I expected to be a little hungry due to the fact that there is a limited amount of food being eaten, I was pretty much full all day because my stomach was so full of liquid. 

 I literally felt like I was in the bathroom to pee all day due to the liquid overkill.  I actually kept track, because I'm odd like that.  I went pee at least 12 times yesterday over the course of being awake maybe 15 or 16 hours.  But, as this is a cleanse, I did not have an overwhelming need to poop myself.  So that was a definite plus.

Any who, the Fiber Sweep drink wasn't too bad.  It tasted citrusy and as long as it was chugged, very doable.  The Vanilla Fresh wasn't too bad either - if it was cold.  At dinner, I didn't add ice to it prior to drinking it and it was so bad.  Note to self, do not forget to add ice.

The worst part about today was probably not eating any meat.  I am used to eating meat at least in the evenings for dinner and so that was a little hard for me to adjust to.  I also didn't care for feeling like I was floating all day with the total amount to fluids the program recommends drinking.  But, I am sure that my body will adjust to that if I continue drinking a substantial amount of water.  Oh, and I miss my Diet Coke.

On to Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment