Tuesday, June 28, 2016

2 Weeks Notice


Have you ever done something, that while you know is what you need to do and is the best decision you could make for yourself and your family, it was really hard and fraught with emotional turmoil throughout the decision making process and the follow through of the decision?

Today was one of those days for me.  While I know that I am making a good decision, it was a tough one to make and it made today incredibly hard.  I gave my 2 weeks notice today at a job I have worked at for almost 9 years.  While working for this organization, I gave birth to my daughter (not at the actual location but at the hospital), I made numerous new friends, learned a various range of skills, transitioned from married life to single life, and became engaged to my fiance.  And today I told them that in 2 weeks time, I no longer will be apart of their organization.

Going into work today was hard.  I feel sad about the friendships I leave behind, and even  the job.  I did enjoy my job and loved the clientele we worked with.  The work had meaning and made a difference for the individuals that used our services (a transportation service for those that are disabled).   But it is time for a change.  The department I worked for has become like a family to me over the years and I will truly miss all of them.  Luckily, I have two more weeks with these individuals. Knowing that while many of them will still be apart of my life in some way shape or form but that they will not be in it daily is a change that will surely take some getting used to.

I have a feeling, that while I am looking forward to the new opportunities that I will be afforded with my future employer, the next two weeks will be hard - trying to say goodbye to a place that has been a part of my life for such a long period of time is not something that is easily done.

No comments:

Post a Comment