Monday, September 16, 2013

Menu Plan Monday 09/16/13 to 09/22/13


So it's been awhile since I've even logged on to my blog here and posted anything... not necessarily out of lack of desire, but things have been a little crazy in my little corner of the world here lately.  So back in late February/Early March when I last posted, I had been working on my son's bedroom, beginning a new job position, and a ton of other projects I had going on around the house.  At this point, while some of those things have simmered down (my son's room is completed), other's have picked up in their places.

Since my last posting, I actually have returned to my old position that I had with my company.  While I enjoyed trying out the new venture, I felt that it just wasn't a good fit for me, and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to return to the position I had originally had with the company.  It has been almost three months since I've returned back and it has been incredibly busy, but it's been great to be back.

Other things that have been happening are of course wedding plans that are gearing up to be finalized (only about a month and a half till my little brother gets married), a baby shower is being planned (only about a month and a half and my bestie April has her first baby!!!!), tons of family will be in town soon, as well as the kids have been back in school the past month so things have been busy on that front as well. 

While you would think that since I have so much going on, now would be the time to shrink from my blogging, a friend at work, who apparently actually reads what I write on here, said something the other day about not posting in forever... and I realized, it has been a long time and thought maybe it's time to get back into the swing of things, particularly with the structure of the kids being back in school.

So there you have it... a short summary of the past half year and what I've been up to.  Of course due to this hectic schedule, I've of course been keeping up on the whole weekly menu planning thing.  I can't stress enough how helpful it is to come home from work and just know what is going to be made for dinner already.  Here's the plan for this next upcoming week:

Monday
Grilled Bratwursts
Fruit or Salad on the side
 
Tuesday
Homemade Pizza
 
Wednesday
Crockpot Sweet Potato Chili
Homemade Corn Bread
 
Thursday
Chicken Fajitas
Refried Beans
Rice
 
Friday
Leftovers
 
Saturday
Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken
Baked Beans
Vegetables
 
Sunday
Leftovers
 
So what is your family having for dinner?  Do you make a plan, or just make something on a whim last minute?  For more ideas on how to answer the ever present question (at least from my kids) "What's for dinner?", check out Laura's Menu Plan Monday at her blog.  She's got some great ideas along with a handful of other gals who have some tasty dishes planned for the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment